Junior Software Developer
We are looking for an enthusiastic junior software developer to join our experienced software design team. You will report directly to the Head of Technology and assist with all software development and design functions, including UI/UX design, systems integrations, back end scripting, and beta testing of new software/platforms.
Purpose: The purpose of the Junior Software Developer is fourfold:
2) Support existing team
3) Offer input
4) Assist in software integration throughout the business
Job Role: To assist with all software development and design functions, including UI/UX design, systems integrations, back end scripting, and beta testing of new software/platforms.
KPIs: The Junior Software Developer KPIs are:
- Agreed training modules completed
- Adherence to targets set in the weekly & monthly meeting
- Minimise the bug fixes needed on new software rollouts
- Consistent adherence to UI/UX guidelines
- Keep all online help modules and training documentation up to date
Junior Software Developer Responsibilities:
• Assisting the development manager with all aspects of software development
• Attending and contributing to company development meetings
• Learning the systems and developing your FileMaker skills
• Working on bug fixes
• Monitoring the technical performance of internal systems
• Responding to requests from the development team
• Gathering information from users about program functionality
• Conducting development tests and beta testing
• Reviewing current systems
• Presenting ideas for system improvements
• Working closely with staff
• Testing the product in controlled, real situations before going live
• Preparation of training manuals for users
• Maintaining the systems once they are up and running
• Researching, designing, implementing, and managing software programs
• Testing and evaluating new programs
• Identifying areas for modification in existing programs and subsequently developing these modifications
• Maintaining and upgrading existing systems
• Training users
• Working closely with other developers
Skills/aptitudes you will need:
Knowledge and interest in computer systems and the latest technologies
The ability to learn new technologies quickly
An analytical mind
The ability to communicate complex procedures to other colleagues
Commercial and business awareness
• Good communication skills – both written and verbal
• Attention to detail and desire to probe further into data
✔ Communication skills
✔ Problem-solving skills
✔ Teamwork and collaboration skills
✔ Adaptability skills
✔ Work ethic
Basic Job Details
Start Date: From w/c 20/06/22.
Contract: Permanent, with a three month probation period.
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours p/w, Monday - Friday.
Salary: Starting at £22,000, plus bonuses.
On successfully passing your probation period, you will also be entitled to join our Pension Scheme.
Our company purpose is to educate, advise and provide solutions for our customers to build their business as simply as possible. Our core IT systems enable us to fulfil that purpose efficiently and consistently.
Our Core Values
Every new lead or existing client should come away convinced about our core values:
- "This will build my business."
- "This is a no-brainer decision."
- "I was advised and educated rather than sold to."
Brand Promise: Everything we do is to make life simpler, faster and cheaper for our new leads and existing customers. Our continued investment in technology is fundamentally at the core of that promise.